Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day of Adventuring

Instant Messenger 8:32 am
Paul - are we still hanging out today?
Alicia - Dear Paul
I was sleeping in ... or well trying to and I had just fallen back to sleep
when I hear doodoodoodoodoo
which is my text sound ahah
Paul - Dear Alicia, if you don't want your phone to wake you up you should put it on silent
Alicia -  no
ahah cause then i won't ever answer it
it's okay
i was just happy i would get to sleep for like a minute
but it's totally fine
i'm amazed you're up so ealy
Paul -    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
6 cups of coffee, a D&D addiction and no sleep
*twitch*
Alicia -  ahahahahaha
i want to go to corner lunch
and have the most delicious breakfast food ever
Paul - mmmm breakfast food
Alicia - we should adventure for breakfast
Paul - I'm game

4 Hours Later
When we finally got to breakfast I met Alicia's friend Marilyn. We all ordered omelets, which were delicious but not the MOST delicious, sorry Alicia, and coffee. The waitress was hilarious and we bothered a few old men because we were loud and obnoxious.

We made a stop at Alicia's high school to drop off some costumes she had borrowed from the drama department.

Headed to the movies and we decided to see Taken. The woman at the desk just waved us in and we didn't have to pay. AWESOME! Taken was useless, so glad we didn't have to pay for it. If you're in the mood for a good laugh and semi-worth it action then go see it, otherwise don't waste your time.

Moving on to Circuit City to check out their going out of business sale. Alicia was on the hunt for a copy of The Professional. Didn't find it. With everything 50-60 percent off, their prices are still outrageous.

Our next stop was Barnes and Noble to visit Matt and get more coffee. Walked around the store for about an hour talking to myself and to the books, my usual bookstore habits. Alicia sat down and read some cook books. I ended up buying My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger. It's a teen novel about life, love and friendships. I only got it because it has a gay boy in it and it would be an easy read to keep me distracted while Alicia went to the town band meeting.

I ended up not sitting in on the band practice. I found a cozy spot to sit on a couch and read the whole time. I so got sucked into the book. I have to admit I love teen novels. They're just so cheesy and full of movie moments, just how I want my life to be :-D. Ryan called and filled me in on his plans for his dinner get together with friends. We are going to Applebees on the 6th and then see Watchmen afterwards. Him calling made me go all weak in the knees and wtf I am still falling for the damn kid. ARGH! I blame it on my inner teen.

Alicia drove me home, hopped in bed, watched tv, finally fell asleep around 2. Great Day! 

*Overall Coffee Count*
8 cups regular coffee (cream and sugar)
Iced Caramel Latte    (2 shots espresso)
Soy Vanilla Latte       (5 shots espresso)

No comments: